Custom Medical Animation Process
Audience and Learning Objectives
- Who is your audience?
– Patients / lay audience
- What do you want them to learn?
– Features and benefits of your product?
– How it works?
– Key differentiators from other products?
Scope, Terms and Fees
- We work with you to balance scope, terms, and fees to make sure you meet your goals within your budget.
- The scope is determined by focusing on key priorities and content outline, and then estimating the optimal length of the animation.
- Cost effective corporate terms are used to match your needs.
- Our fee is based on $250/sec of final run time of HD animation plus any custom modeling.
- Options with scope, terms, and fees to match your priorities.
- Exhibits with preliminary suggestions, storyboard thumbnail drawings, and/or script drafts are often part of the written proposal.
Client Materials and Research
- We review your existing product manuals, marketing materials, and schematics.
- Your pre-existing CAD (Computer Aided Design) 3D model files help assure technical accuracy.
- Research by our team ensures scientific accuracy and provides a preliminary survey of similar visual solutions.
Story Outline and Script
- Detailed outline of content with key points and priorities.
- Preliminary draft script is either provided by you or can be created by us to get started.
- We then revise until approved.
Storyboard and Motion Test
- Storyboard of images that depicts all the key visual steps in your story.
- A motion test provides a preliminary online video allowing you to make early decisions about the pace and flow of your animation.
- Your feedback at this phase allows us to work together to brainstorm the best visual solutions possible without increasing the cost because of late changes.
Modeling, Lighting and Texturing
- Models from our collection and other databases are reviewed. Pre-existing or customized models may be selected. Anatomy models from our collection have been used for clients including:
– American College of Cardiology (ACC)
– US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
– American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
– US Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
– Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)
– GE Healthcare
- Lighting, coloring, and texturing these models creates the desired look and feel and can relate to your branding color schemes or be customized for a unique powerful impact.
- Receiving feedback on rendered key frames keeps you in control.
- Final movements of tissue, molecules or devices are rendered.
- Interactions are visualized with atmosphere, camera effects, shadows and reflected lighting.
- 24/7 access to your private web portal to view the versions as they come hot off the press.
- Titles and labels
- Voice over
- Music and audio effects
- Addition of logos and other graphic elements.